Silver Line is a free confidential telephone helpline offering information, friendship and advice to the older 55s throughout New Zealand that will be available 24 hours a day.
We are currently establishing our helpline, and as we build our service nationally, Silver Line will be:
- Offering information, friendship, advice and a ‘place to chat’ for the over 55s
- Available day and night, 365 days a year
- Able to link callers to other groups and services that meet the caller’s needs
- Setting up regular befriending calls, we’ll call for a regular chat at a time that suits
- Creating special interest ‘circles’ for a group chat e.g. about hobbies, sport, travel
- Helping to ensure protection and support those who are suffering abuse and neglect